Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rock-a-hula!

Normally, today would be the day where I talk about a Team Beachbody workout program. Though, I know that there are lots of options out there for workouts and that every now and then, it's worthwhile to mention a few other options. So, today, I am taking a break from the norm to feature something a little different and fun. It's something that maybe you were or weren't good at as a child and probably haven't considered as a form of exercise. Hula-hooping. Yes, hula-hooping!!

Several years ago, I was at a festival and at one of the booths, there was a gal selling weighted hula-hoops. I didn't think I could do it, but she coached me on how to get a rhythm. Also, it's a LOT easier when it's a weighted one (I don't know why). So, I bought one and I had a lot of fun with it! I still do it from time to time while listening to my music on my iPod (and what would hula hooping be if you didn't listen to Elvis' "Rock-a-hula" at least once?). It's really fun! I've actually gotten pretty good lol. Though, one minor note, take it easy if you're not used to it because they can kind of bruise your sides if you do too much of it at first.

If you're considering something fun to add to your workout routine, go to this site and check out their hula hoops! They come in lots of different colors and I even have a couple smaller ones for my arms (I'm a regular circus act lol). 

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Rock-a-hula the pounds away and have fun! Ah, what the heck, here's the song too!! Have a happy Wednesday!! The weekend is almost here! Be infused! God bless you! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment