Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Outdoor or Indoor Running?

Where are my walkers and runners at?! I know you're out there! There are lots of us that like to walk or run for exercise! It has a very liberating feeling to it (especially if you're running). It can even be fun to put on your iPod and listen to some awesome workout songs while you workout! Personally, I especially loved to run on the Greenway when I first started getting into running. In fact, I used to blog about it and titled those entries "God on the Greenway" (and yes, Shane, I am still meaning to compile it and publish it!).

Walking and running isn't just an outdoor activity, though. Many enjoy that form of exercise via treadmill. Either way, you're getting your heart rate up and burning some calories. However, is one better than the other? Which should you opt for? Outdoor or indoor walking/running?

In this article, you will find the list of pros and cons to both. I found it very insightful! It's hard to really say that one is definitely superior. There's so many factors to consider whether it be personal preference, weather, terrain, safety, etc. Regardless, I hope you enjoy the different perspectives that the article has to offer! I personally prefer being outside, but I would definitely opt for a treadmill if it was blazing hot or freezing cold outside! Even with allergies, I still like to be out in the fresh air and take it all in! :)

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I hope you are having a great week! Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment