Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Challenge of Rest

We all know that there's great benefits to working out. Though, do we ever stop to consider that working out too much (or too hard) could be hurting our efforts? That's the subject of this article. It IS possible to overdo it on the exercise and in doing so, sabotage your efforts.

This article was a great reminder to me because, as you all know, I've been working out a lot harder than normal. Not only am I finishing up Focus T25 Gamma, but I've been doing a lot of work on my new house. I still have a lot of painting to do; plus there will be all that work of moving things into the house as well. Needless to say, I'm REALLY tired and sore!

I'm pushing forward with everything that I have to do, but I have already decided that once I finish this last week of Gamma, I'm going to take a break from doing any other programs until I get settled into my new home. More than likely, I'll just do some moderate walking and stretch workouts for a while since I'm already going to be doing a lot of moving and lifting otherwise. Though, I must say, I believe that Focus T25 has built up a LOT of endurance in me! I don't think I would have been able to do a lot of what I've been doing if I hadn't been doing this beforehand! In fact, I bought a coffee table at an antique store last Saturday (which has a heavy granite inset in the middle). A guy at the store carried it out for me and told me that the granite (that pops right out) was really heavy and that I should have help with it when I got home (heck, he was struggling with it, it seemed). So, I anticipated asking my Dad to help me carry it once I was ready to get it out. However, when I picked it up, I was like "I don't know what he's talking about. It really isn't that bad." I was pleasantly surprised, and impressed, with myself because I know it's because of the strength training I've been doing in Gamma that helped me have what it took to lift that granite. I felt super strong! :)

I am confident that I am both stronger and more able to get through what I need to get done. But, I also know that I need to rest, rebuild, and recuperate or I will burn out completely. We all need to be proud of what we have accomplished (and continue to challenger ourselves) but we also need to accept the challenge of rest as well. It's a component that we needn't overlook if we expect to succeed in the long run!!

Grace and peace to you, my friends!! I hope that you're all pressing forward in all that you're doing; remembering to allow God to infuse you with His peace and rest in addition to His strength too! Be infused! God bless you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment