Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Integrity: Maintaining Yours When People Lose Theirs

"Know that the world is full of ugly, but beauty too. Don't let the bad in people override the good, the evil override the miracles. Above all, there is always love and love never fails." 
- Jama Smith. 


The above quote comes from a dear friend of mine who had posted these wise words of advice in a recent Facebook post. Jama's words couldn't have been more timely because in the past couple days, I have been needing to mediate on those nuggets of truth in order to attempt to cope with some rather unsettling behavior and underhanded actions of a couple people. It seems that no matter how cruel, competitive, and wicked this world is becoming day by day, there still exists that sweet, naive little girl inside of me that is always amazed that someone could behave so nastily and immaturely. It doesn't matter that I have had tons of experience by now in dealing with people who have no character or integrity (or the ones that appear to have some and then flip a switch and show me that they don't). Deep down, I always believe that people are generally decent, grew up with some kind of basic faith and/or manners, and would treat others the way they would want to be treated. Sadly, that's not always the case.

Of course, there are a lot of emotions that one feels when someone purposely hurts you, betrays you, and then happily twists the knife some more for their sick satisfaction. Sometimes, the sweet little girl inside doesn't always want to play nice. The anger can sometimes make you want to fight back in a way that would hurt the one that would hurt you. However, I am incredibly blessed by the fact that faith and experience has taught me that reacting in anger and matching the perpetrator's cruelty isn't only ineffective and fruitless, it damages your own integrity and character. That is something that I am never willing to sacrifice. As Jama said, it's important not to let the bad in people override the good; whether it be in the world around you or in yourself. People who exude maliciousness and seek to be abrasive, toxic, and cruel aren't people you want to emulate. I would never want to mirror someone's ugly heart just because they have sought to poison me with their venom. Instead, I choose to stay true to one of the highest compliments that someone has ever given me (which, ironically, came from Jama) and it was when she remarked that I was one of the most forgiving people she knew. How humbling! Yes, that's the person I strive to be; and praise God, it can be seen by others! It makes me want to work all the harder to retain that virtue! Evil comes easily (because we have a sin nature) but CHARACTER has to be taught and developed. There's no way I'm going to let anyone hit my "reset" button to go back to any sort of "default" setting. I have learned and grown too much to ever be a person like them or a person like who I was.


I continue to compose these blog posts for so many reasons (and this makes post #200 already! Yay!). I don't do it simply because a lot of Team Beachbody coaches do it. I do it because I truly have a heart for people and a desire to help. Anyone that knows me know that to be a fact. So, I share with you what I have shared today as a reaffirmation of the kind of person I am and the kind of business that I run. Infusion 413 has heart, character, and integrity at its core because God is the foundation of who I am, the motivation for why I do what I do, and how I conduct this business (as well as my life). It is my hope that people will see that I'm genuine and caring and that the mission of Infusion 413 is something they would proudly want to be a part of (because I'm certainly happy and grateful for every single person who choose to be a part of my team and allows me to be their coach!).

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Remember, we all get hurt, double-crossed, bullied, and used in our lives. However, we should continue to cling to what is good and not let evil corrupt or change us (and, actually, allow the pain to help us grow instead). All things will work out for good according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). Continue to act in love no matter what because love really does conquer all and cover a multitude of sins. Evil isn't conquered by evil; it's overcome by GOOD (Romans 12:21). Rest assured, God is JUST and HE is the avenger and equalizer; not us. He's not mocked and everyone reaps what they sow (Galatians 6:7). Keep living a life of love! Know what love is and isn't and how to "fight fair" when you've been hurt (I just posted about that a while back lol). Stick to God's Word as the blueprint for your life and you'll succeed! Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment