Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

"Why Can't I Lose Weight?"

The biggest question I think most people have when they feel they are trying their hardest to lose their excess weight (and are not seeing the loss on the scale) is: "WHY?!" Well, there could be a lot of reasons, why. Click on this link to see a short video where Team Beachbody trainer, Shaun T, answers that very question! Additionally, here's a list of 10 bad habits that could be hindering your weight-loss as well.

I know I have often asked myself the same question. Sometimes, the answer is simple and other times, it isn't. It's easy to figure out the whys if you know you ate too many (or too few) calories, had a few binges here and there, or didn't give your all in your workouts (or didn't workout much at all). However, when you are meeting your calorie goals, working your hardest, and seemingly doing everything "right", it's so hard to accept a number on the scale that hasn't gone down!

Don't be frustrated! Be patient with yourself! Keep doing your best and you WILL see the payoff! If you give up, you'll never see the rewards! It's important to remember that everyone's body is different and sometimes (especially when you're starting a new workout) your muscles can retain fluids as you're body is changing. So, you might even see GAINS from time to time. When you do, remember that it's likely muscle. Pay attention to your tape measure (and how your clothes fit) because that will reassure you when your scale can't! That's definitely been a big help to me because that's where I'm seeing it the most right now as I'm doing Focus T25! I did see a five pound loss the second week, but not so much since then. The TAPE MEASURE, however, is showing a LOT of differences and my clothes fit better! Praise God, I'll take it!! :)

Grace and peace to you, my friends!! Keep persevering no matter what! Don't be discouraged! Everyone has plateaus and stagnant times, but the breakthroughs DO come!! Be infused! God bless you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment