Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Infused to Overcome Anything!

Getting started. That's usually the hardest part of any process. Taking the first step is usually a mixture of emotions. There's excitement as well as fear. You wonder what you're getting into; you wonder about the unknowns and about what you'll face on the journey as you make your way to the end goal. It can be very intimidating! 

That's how I felt back in 2007 when I told the Lord that I wanted to be serious about losing weight and getting healthy. I don't think I remember a time where I actually felt that I was at a normal weight (though, what woman does?!). All I remember is that by 2007, I was WAY OVER what I should be and I wanted to give it to God. When I did, I lost over 40 pounds! 

Now, here I am again. I still have never reached my initial goal of 150 pounds (even though I've come close). I have been up and down over the years in various weight ranges due to loss of focus and discipline (and excuses). However, I'm not giving up and I know I WILL get there! He's always there to help me and I succeed when I rely on Him!

In 2010, I became an Independent Team Beachbody Coach because the workout programs and Shakeology had really helped me and I wanted to help others too. I am SO GLAD I decided to become a coach because not only am I helping others, I am helping myself too. There's more accountability for yourself when you commit to helping others be accountable too. Additionally, there are the perks of getting a coach discount on the products and earning extra income as I get fit! There really is no downside (and ANYONE can do it...no matter your fitness level!). 

That's what brings me to this new blog. I have a regular blog, but I also wanted to start a blog that was specific to health and fitness. My goal is to share a little something every day to motivate, inspire, as well as promote the kind of products that will help people reach their goals! 

Today, it's "Media Monday" where I will post some kind of media; whether it's a heart pumping workout song, a video of some sort, or article of some kind. For the opening entry of this new blog, I feel the perfect thing to share is this song from Mandisa called "Overcomer". I actually heard it for the first time just last night (and in a moment where I had been personally feeling down). It was such an encouragement to me, and I hope it is for you too! It reminded me that no matter what, God gives us what we need to get through anything! It also brought me back to the verse that has always been the inspiration for my journey (and the meaning behind the name of this blog/business). Philippians 4:13 says we can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us. In the Amplified version of the Bible, it uses the words "empower" and "infuse". For me, that's a powerful encouragement and thinking about being filled and infused with the strength of the Almighty God is just mind-blowing to me! Of COURSE I can do anything if I have the strength of God Himself inside of me!! Think about it!! 

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Thank you for reading this blog! If you're already on my team, GREAT! If not, please sign up for a FREE account so I can be your coach and help you reach your goals! Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have and/or leave your comments! Be infused!! God bless you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment