Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

"I AM" Makes You Who You Are

While working on some furniture projects for my house, I was listening to my iPod on shuffle. Several songs came up that I hadn't listened to in a long time. One of them was a song by Ginny Owens called "I Am". In it, she sings about Moses, David, and Mary and how they marveled at the things He wanted them to do. God's vision for them seemed so much greater than what they could imagine, but as the chorus goes: "There's a bigger picture you can't see. You don't have to change the world, just trust in me..."

Sometimes, we really can't see beyond what's right in front of us. We don't know and can't fathom anything greater than what we already know to be true. We limit ourselves because we don't always know what we're capable of. More than that, we forget what GOD is capable of and that He already knows what He wants to accomplish in us and what the end result will be. I remember seeing a saying on a poster once that said: "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." Think about it.

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Watch the video of the song "I am." It includes the lyrics, as well as some very beautiful pictures. Next time you get discouraged because you feel you can't accomplish your goals (or you feel like what God is asking you to do is too much) remember that He is "I Am" and that He can and will do GREAT things beyond what you can fathom! Be infused! God bless you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment