Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

How to De-Stress

Stress. We all have it in our lives, unfortunately. The question is, how do we manage it? It isn't easy, but there are lots of things that we can do to effectively de-stress and feel better!

Our obvious (although, maybe often ignored) first response to stress should be prayer. It's the greatest success tool we have in overcoming the things that weigh on us by allowing Christ to take on our burdens. God urges us to cast our cares on Him because He cares for us (1 Peter 5:7). He also assures us not to be troubled or afraid and that He gives us peace and rest (Matthew 11:28John 14:26).

Additionally, we can reduce stress by utilizing various methods to vent. For example, when I'm stressed or upset, I often talk to my close friends (especially my best friend, Sarah). Having adequate support is VERY helpful! Family and friends who are there to listen, advise, and comfort you when you're overwhelmed goes a long way in helping alleviate the burdens on our shoulders! I don't know what I would do without Sarah! We've shared each other's laughter and tears and she greatly enriches my life; enhancing my best moments and lifting me up in my worst. Having friends like that is essential!!

Other effective stress relievers can be journaling, participating in creative activities and hobbies, and exercising. Just find something that you enjoy doing that helps you to unwind and relax. The possibilities are endless! Just make sure you take some time for "you" and choose constructive ways to unburden yourself.

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I hope that this blog has been a gentle reminder that no matter what you're facing, there are ways of coping. Rely on the strength of Jesus to get you through. Come to Him in prayer and allow Him to help you. Also, use the gifts, talents, and interests that He has blessed you with to make a difference in the world. You'll minister to others and yourself at the same time and feel a whole lot better! Do things that you love and you'll be doing a great service for Him, others, and yourself too! Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment