Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

"This is the place to be!"

Life is unpredictable. I never expected to be where I am now; and I mean that in SO MANY different ways! I don't even know how to begin to describe all that I am feeling right now. It's pleasantly overwhelming, but getting here was horribly painful!


Last Tuesday, an amazing dream came true for me. It was months in the making (well, YEARS if we're looking at the bigger picture). I am officially the owner of my own home! It's unbelievable to me, because I never expected to be buying a house at this time (or in this amazing and convenient location)! It's just one of those instances in which God brings something about that is bigger and better than the vision that you even had for yourself!

Years ago, I had a house when I was married. My Dad said that it was a great "starter home". I always thought that was odd because I was very content with it (even as small as it was) and never imagined having to move out of it. Though, I always thought it would be nice to live in a neighborhood like my Dad's, but I knew that would never be possible because I knew how much those houses cost. So, I didn't entertain any ideas beyond what I already had.

Oh how things change over the years! I wish I could say that I ended up buying this house in my Dad's neighborhood (and right NEXT to my Dad!) under happier circumstances. Unfortunately, however, it didn't happen how I would have liked. I never dreamed that I would be getting a home on my own as a single mother of two children. Yet, here I am; three rough years later. I still wish that things were different, but I believe that this is going to be a crucial part of my healing process. To me, it feels like the final piece that will end this tumultuous journey and be the official new beginning to our lives. I can't wait to finish the interior work to the house and move in! It's exciting, but scary at the same time! It will be quite the adjustment, but an overall positive one!

Enjoying my front porch swing!!
I am extremely grateful to God for being so good to my children and I. I am also grateful to my family, friends, and the good neighbor and her family that was BEYOND gracious in making such a good deal with us to have this home! To everyone who always assured me "it will get better" and that we really do reap what we sow (Galatians 6:7-9) it's TRUE! It really does payoff to persevere and to continue doing what is right. It comes back to you! Likewise, those that sow wickedness reap it too (Job 4:8). I've wept and sown many tears, but now it's time to reap some joy (Psalm 126:5)!! As Solomon says, there's a time to weep and mourn; but then there's a time to laugh and dance (Ecclesiastes 3:4). It's FINALLY time to laugh (a LOT!!) and dance, dance, DANCE in celebration!!! :) I'm overjoyed!!! My daughter particularly relates to the dancing and laughing part because she has been giggling and running through the house shouting how happy she is and that "this is the place to be"! I couldn't agree more!! This is the place to be; the place that God has given us (which we gladly give back to Him). We finally have a place to call "home"!!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! If you're reading this, and going through a hard time of your own, I hope that this encourages you. Your hardships won't last forever! You will have your time too! Keep persevering and sowing good things and you will reap the rewards as well! Just like Job, the Lord will rebuild, restore, and bless you beyond what you could ever imagine! He did it for me, He can do it for you! I can't even begin to fathom what else He has in store for me! I felt like I had lost so much and that I would never recover or be the same again, but He is showing me that nothing is hopeless. He is faithful and He is good! It does take time (and waiting is horrible sometimes) but it is worth it! I'm making it, and so can you! With Him, you can overcome everything! He is there and He NEVER fails!! Be infused! God bless you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment