Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Is "Exercise" an Ugly Word?

Exercise. It seems like such an ugly word sometimes! I know I always used to hear that word want to roll my eyes and stick out my tongue (sometimes, I still do lol). I think that generally speaking, people view exercise negatively despite how positive it really is. We get into the mindset of thinking that it's difficult as well as boring and we totally throw out the idea of doing it; as well as using the "I don't have time" excuse.

Over the years, I have learned just how much I need exercise. It's not just for the obvious reasons of losing weight and getting in shape, but it's always helped with my mood as well. I feel better from the inside out because exercising is a mood regulator. I really can't afford to feel sluggish or in a bad mood. I need the boost!

Dr. Phil emphasizes the fact that intentional exercise is a big deal. He says: "A common denominator among people who successfully manage their weight and stay fit is that they exercise as a matter of habit. Failure to put exercise at the top of your priority list, or leaving it off the list altogether, is a deal breaker, because you're cheating yourself not just out of a way to shed the necessary pounds, but also a way to stabilize a normal weight and stay healthy for a lifetime."

I know that all of this isn't new information. I know it's hard to get into a habit of working out, but start small. Exercise doesn't even have to be strenuous or long. Even if you can only manage ten minutes a day, that would be a BIG help to your overall well-being! Making simple choices throughout your day helps too; like taking the stairs instead of an elevator or parking your car a little further away from a store entrance. There are lots of ways you can purposely fit in a little more "fit time". You'll be glad you did! You'll definitely notice a difference both in how you look and feel!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! If you need help getting into a new exercise routine, talk to me! I can help you identify the best ways to start incorporating it into your life! We'll work together to find something that you'll enjoy AND get results with! It's possible! Exercise doesn't have to be an ugly word or thing of dread! You can definitely change your mind and body with a fresh perspective and learn to love it when you find what's right for you! Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment