Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Does Stress Make You Fat?

When it comes to the various reasons as to why we're overweight, there can be a variety of different factors. One of  those elements can definitely be stress. Click here to read a little more about how hormones, sleep, and other components of your life can be affected by stress and contribute to weight issues. 
As mentioned before in a previous blog about de-stressing, there are a lot of things that we can do to reduce and eliminate the stress in our lives, help our bodies function normally, and avoid stress eating. Our first priority should be to pray about it and allow God to take on our problems. When we surrender to Him, we will find the peace and rest that we need. 

Not only do we need the rest that results from being calm and at ease, but also the kind of rest that results from adequate sleep. Without good sleep, we won't function properly and our hormones and body chemistry will be all messed up and can translate into more bad eating choices (as mentioned in the article). Why add to the stress by piling on more pounds to weigh us down?!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I hope you have found the article and previous blog helpful in dealing with whatever stress you have in your life. Personally, I have to think about that post a lot because I have had a lot going on and need to de-stress myself. Prayer, exercise, talking and laughing with friends, and trying to get the sleep I need helps quite a bit! If I didn't engage in those outlets, I would REALLY have a hard time losing my weight because I would be depressed and binge eating all the time. It really helps to find positive ways to unwind so that stress doesn't translate into more stress when you get on the scale and then wonder what happened. No one wants that! Relax! Lean on Him and the people He places in your life to help you (including me! I'm here for you!). Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment