Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

When You Don't Feel Like It

When it comes to working out, there are a lot of days where I don't feel like it. In fact, I would venture to say that I don't feel like it at least 80% of the time. That being the case, it's a wonder I ever workout at all! I think I would also venture to say that there's probably at least that high of a percentage out there that feels the same way!

Most people say that they aren't motivated to work out. They wait and wait until they "feel like it" before they decide to do it and commit (which often never comes). Generally speaking, people are so ruled by emotions and feelings that there are so many poor decisions that we make (or don't make) just because the feeling isn't there.

The true power is in choosing rather than feeling. Feelings are so fickle and you cannot trust them or bank on the fact that they will lead you in the right direction. Go with what you KNOW! That's how I look at it every day when I workout (and in regards to life in general). Therefore, I CHOOSE to workout even though I don't FEEL like it because I KNOW that it's the best choice. I also know that sometimes I "feel like it" once I finally make the choice to just DO IT and get it done! One thing is for absolute certain; I've always felt like the choice to workout was a good one vs. the choice of deciding not to.

One thing that will make it easier to choose to workout is choosing the right workout in the first place. If you hate your program, of course you are liable not to stick with it. But, if you do something that you enjoy, you'll  follow through a lot easier! I found that out the hard way over the years. I did LOTS of workouts that I hated and I always abandoned them eventually because I got bored. Usually, it was because I had chosen a machine. I had an elliptical, a gazelle, ab gadgets, and things of that nature. I finally realized I'm not a machine person and once I figured out that I really loved things like Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Hip Hop Abs, I had a LOT more success! I started really enjoying my workouts. Even if I didn't feel like exercising, I usually ended up feeling that way by the time I got started!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Please, don't hesitate to talk to me about what program might be right for you so that you can do something you enjoy and get results! Exercise doesn't have to be a chore! Fun and fitness CAN go together! Even when the workout is tough, just remember that choosing to do it and get through it will always make you "feel" better when you're done! Be infused! God bless you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment