Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Focus + Change = Transformation!

Changes; I've been making a LOT of them lately. I can't begin to list them all, but there have been lots of shifts in my life; both big and small. For the most part, it has all occurred due to a deliberate change of focus. I've been bettering my life physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Physically, my fitness and nutrition has improved since drinking Shakeology consistently and doing the Focus T25 workouts. Mentally and emotionally, I have been purposely thinking and acting in a positive manner and concentrating on the good things of God's Word. I've been feeding my spirit with God's messages (which has also included listening to Christian music again) to fuel me and reshape my heart and mind; which has led to the better spiritual condition I've been in. I've also been actively searching for a new "church home" (I haven't been plugged into a church for quite a while).

As I reflect over the past couple months, I see how I've been transforming so much! More and more, I feel like I am becoming the person I am meant to be. These past three years have been the craziest and hardest three years of my life. It has been all the more difficult because I allowed my faith to dwindle and have gotten away from the kind of person that I used to be. Now, I feel like I'm truly rebuilding and beginning again. I have refocused on what's most important: God and Kingdom work!

Kingdom work. That's the thing that's been standing out in my mind and heart the most recently. I've thought about it all the more since visiting the church that my parents attend. They have had testimonies (particularly from the youth) where they state their name and that they're a "Kingdom worker." Every time I have heard one of those testimonies, it inspires and fires me up inside to be the kind of servant that we are all called to be (and the kind I always used to be). I am truly blessed by the kind of huge heart this church has for loving and serving others! There is such a sweet spirit of servanthood, ministry, and outreach to both the local and global community! Tonight, for example, they are having a community block party! What a great opportunity to serve and have fellowship with the community! I am going to take the kids!

I couldn't end this blog without talking a bit about the message at church today which was all about axing the excess in our lives. It fit just perfectly with all the changes I'm making in my life right now. It serves as an encouragement and affirmation from God that I am headed in the right direction. Pastor Sprinkle talked about focus and cutting out the excess in our lives that distract us from God. Whether it's having too much emphasis on our stuff, our activities, entertainment, or whatever else, we need to take a moment to shift our attention back to where it needs to be. That's something that I've learned in my workouts too as I've been doing Focus T25. Never before have I been so concentrated and focused on what I was doing. When you remember just how intentional you have to be in what you do, you get so much more out of it! I have been applying that not just in my workouts, but in all those areas of my life that I mentioned. I am AMAZED at just how more content, happy, and purpose filled I feel now! Focus + change = transformation!! It's awesome!

Grace and peace to you, my friends!! If you have been wanting change in any area of your life, you CAN achieve it if you really focus on it! Cut out distractions, commit to making changes (even small ones, which can ultimately result in big ones!) and really concentrate on what you're doing! Eliminate all the excessive things in your life that need to be cut out so you can devote more time to the most important things. Think about the limits and boundaries you need to have and redirect your time and energy to the things that matter most! As you can see, I have been pouring a lot of time and energy into Infusion 413 because I have a passion for helping people and sharing things from my life/heart that I feel God will use to minister to others. That is why I use my writing talent to blog, post statuses to encourage, and want to interact with people so they know that their coach cares about them! "My name is Melissa and I'm a Kingdom worker!" How about you? Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment