Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

From the Inside Out

Last Tuesday, I talked about the first of Dr. Phil's 7 keys to weight-loss freedom: right thinking. This week, it's all about feelings (which often go hand in hand with our thoughts).

It's really important to get our thoughts and feelings sorted out if we are going to have success in our weight-loss battle. If you think and feel negatively about yourself, you will sabotage any chance you have at success. That's why I have also talked about Joyce Meyer's book Battlefield of the Mind; as well as The Lord's Table. It's CRITICAL to get your mind and heart in sync if you want to achieve victory! I can't even begin to tell you how much these books have helped sort me out and put things into perspective!

Many of us are probably aware of the fact that we are emotional eaters (at least at times). If you would like to take the emotional eating test, click here! For me, I have had lots of emotional reasons to eat. Sometimes, it was for no real reason at all other than boredom or "just because". Other times, it was because I was sad and depressed (or even in "good moods" too). It really wasn't hard to find an excuse to eat. It wasn't until I really started becoming consciously aware of my thoughts and feelings that I realized that I was eating rather mindlessly. If left unchecked, that kind of behavior becomes so automatic and you end up packing on the pounds before you know it!

Dr. Phil always says that it's not "what you eat, but WHY you eat." We have to examine our thoughts and feelings and the ways that we are connecting them with food. Then, we've got to separate them from each other. If we can do that, and deal with our thoughts and emotions effectively, we won't use food as a tool to manage our internal struggles.

Grace and peace to you, my friends! May you be mindful and aware of what's going on inside your mind and heart! Journal those things, pray, talk with a friend for accountability, and even get professional counseling to deal with any tough issues you might uncover inside yourself. You are on your way to better health; from the inside out! Be infused! God bless you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment