Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

He's Got Us Covered!

Once again, it was some very simple words from Dennis (our worship leader at church) that really grabbed me today. It was after singing a worship song about the blood. In his prayer, he mentioned how the blood covers and forgives ALL of our sins "not just a part of it". All of it. Absolutely all of it!

I don't know about you, but I have lots of moments where I don't "feel" forgiven; even though 1 John 1:9 says He is FAITHFUL and JUST to forgive us and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. Sometimes, my heart just feels heavy with regret about various different things and that regret causes me to forget the "all" part. Do you ever feel that way, or is it just me? Do you ever have something bother you so much that no matter how much you pray and confess, Satan always ends up convincing you somehow that "that" isn't forgiven? I struggle with this....a LOT.

I needed to remind myself today that every time I feel like Satan's saying "except that", God is saying, "yeah, that too! Everything! ALL of it. It's covered. Nothing escapes the blood. It IS that powerful!" If I can absorb this truth, maybe I will better accept grace and forgiveness (and learn to forgive myself). 1 John 1:9 is powerful and true; and I need to be reciting it to myself. That and Roman 8:1-2: "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." The more I meditate on it and soak in each word, the more power, freedom, truth, and revelation it brings!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Like the old saying goes: "Smile! God loves you!" It really is something to smile about. He loves us, forgives us, and He's got us covered! Completely! Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment