Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Do You WANT To See?

Today's sermon reminded me of another one I heard a few years ago. Not only is it refreshing to be reminded of something that touched you so deeply the first time, but to it's great to see evidence of the Holy Spirit revealing Himself to people in the same ways! It's amazing! 

The sermon was about the story of the blind man; though it was mainly about being spiritually blind more than anything. The point of the sermon was to be like the blind man and cry out to Jesus for what we want to see. Jesus had asked the blind man "what do you want me to do for you?" That's the same thing that He asks us when we have an issue, can't see something clearly, or need some kind of healing and/or miracle. Though, it's more than just telling him what we want, it's being ready and willing to receive it. The paralytic at the pool wanted to be healed, but he was fairly passive about his healing. Jesus had asked him if he wanted to get well because the man only offered excuses of "well, others get in ahead of me". I guess he couldn't even find any good friends to help him. You know, the kind who would tear shingles off a roof in order to get their buddy healed. Nah. Too hard. Wishing, hoping, and complaining for decades was easier than finding the means/help to get himself well. Though, I can't judge him for that. After all, I've been on this weight-loss journey for years. When I have his attitude, I get no where. When I do whatever it takes to get healthy (and enlist God's help to do it) I ALWAYS succeed then!   

What is stopping us from getting what we most need in our lives? Jesus is asking us these two questions: "What do you want me to do for you?" and "How bad to you want it?" Passivity, excuses, and half-heartedness isn't the kind of attitude or display of faith to have if we expect to receive from Jesus. Like I've mentioned not too long ago, you either do it or you don't. "There is no try!" Remember?! We need to decide and be whole-hearted about whatever it is that we are in desperate need of! Jesus will be there to help us, but we have to want it (and want it with all our might) and not let anything get in the way of seeking Him for what we need! Think about it! What do you want, how bad to you want it, and are you willing to do what it takes (and will you receive it)? Do you really WANT to see what you need to see in order to be who you need to be?

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Click here to read the blog post I wrote a few years ago about this (it's worth it!). It's regarding that similar sermon I heard years ago that touched me so much. It was preached by the late Scott Kaehr (that man had such an amazing heart for God!). Be infused! God bless you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment