Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Fixing Forgetfulness

Forgetfulness. I'm finding that it is becoming more and more of a problem for me. Just yesterday, I forgot to post my daily blog! It wasn't until late today that I realized that I had forgotten and it irked me to no end! I've done this a few times now.

Don't you just hate it when you forget things (especially if it's REALLY important)? Fortunately, forgetting to post a blog isn't nearly as bad as when you forget something bigger like an appointment, a meeting, or some other kind of event or commitment where forgetting would be a BIG mistake! 

So, what's the best way to remember to do things? Well, there's a lot of different ways to accomplish this! Probably the most common thing to do is write things down. I am the type that always thinks I'll remember something (like when I go shopping) and then I end up forgetting the very thing I went in there for! My short term memory isn't that great (though, I know my friends and family will say that my long term memory is really good considering I remember insignificant crap that everyone else forgets about lol). Here are a few things I use when I have to write things down: 

  • Dry erase board on the fridge
  • My planner (I keep this with me in my purse)
  • Phone apps (my favorite for grocery shopping is the Out of Milk app)
Other things that you can do is follow a routine. Sometimes, that can be the best help in remembering things when you create good habits and stay in a rhythm. Additionally, keep your mind sharp by exercising it (it needs it as much as the rest of your body does). Read or play games like sudoku, crossword puzzles, etc. Not many things in life can be entertaining AND beneficial lol. Games like those definitely can be; and so can reading for pleasure and learning!

One last thing I can recommend to boost your mental clarity is nutrition and exercise. Having the endorphin boost and the right fuel makes a BIG difference! An easy way to get it is through Shakeology (yeah, you knew I was going to say that, right lol?). Well, it's true! My mind and body is a LOT better functioning when I'm drinking it! No kidding! 

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I hope these tips are helpful! And now, because I "forgot" media Monday yesterday, here's a sweet little video; just for fun! Be glad you're not Lucy from "50 First Dates" who can't help but be forgetful! Though, I'd say her life still turned out pretty good! That movie is so sweet! I love it! Be infused! God bless you!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment