Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Live to Love and Love Living!


Love definitely makes you feel empowered. Love makes you sing. Love envelopes you; swallows you up. You feel it coursing through your veins. It's embedded into your soul. You pursue love and it pursues you. It's a unique song. 

To know love is to know God, because God is love (1 John 4:8). When you experience His presence and sense that amazing love He has for you, you can't help but feel lost in it. Blissful. Content. Perfect. You ponder it and meditate on it. You think about the very essence of it. 

Paul says that love is patient, kind, and unfailing; that it hopes, protect, and perseveres (1 Corinthians 13). It's pure, unselfish, and forgiving. Love casts aside all pride, anger, and jealousy. Love, real love, is TRUTH and joy. 

Those verses are always rooted deep into my heart. Whenever I think about what love is, or how to love others, I measure it by those verses. Does my love look like that? Is God at the heart of it? Is it virtuous? Is it good? Is it truthful, patient, kind, and unselfish? How strong is the love in my heart? I want it to be genuine; fueled by God, for He IS love. He enables me to love.

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I hope that these words, verses, and this song will empower and motivate you to love! At this time of year, people seem more inclined to act in love. We feel generous and compassionate; wanting to bless others' lives during the holiday season. Though, we must remember, love shouldn't just be a seasonal thing. It's God's greatest command (Matthew 22:36-40). Live to love and you'll LOVE living! Be infused (with God's love)! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment