Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Having a Content Heart

A while back, I was reading about contentment in a Joyce Meyer devotional. She said: "There's nobody happier than a truly thankful person, a truly content person. The word content means 'being satisfied' to the point where nothing disturbs you no matter what's going on, but not satisfied to the point that you never want any change." Additionally, she also mentioned that, "contentment is not about fame or being well-known, how much money you have, your position at work or your social circle. It's not found in your level of education or what side of the tracks you were born on. Contentment is a heart attitude."

Content and blissfully happy!! 
I couldn't agree more! Contentment isn't about a feeling, it's about a way of being. Contentment is a result of thankfulness. When you're thankful, you really can be satisfied in whatever stage you are at in your life because you have a joy in your heart that can't be altered no matter what is going
on in your life.

I just felt like today was the day to share those quotes about contentment. I have been reflecting so much about how different and amazing this year has been. Even as I look on the terrible years before that, I can still say that overall, I have always been content because I've had the peace of God inside my heart no matter what. There have been lots of moments of extreme pain, loss, and sadness, but the love of God has sustained me and infused me with strength. Remember these verses:

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:12-13

Grace and peace to you, my friends! May you all be blessed with a heart of contentment! Thanksgiving is the key! God will infuse you and give you all you need! Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment