Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Extra-cise!

Well, it's the middle of the week! Happy hump day! Are you ready for the weekend? I know I am!! I have been continuing to do my workouts (as usual). Though, I'm extra worn out from all the walking that I'm doing at our annual local fair. But, tiring as it may be, any extra time you have where you're moving and burning calories is a GOOD thing! 
That's what I want to talk about for this workout Wednesday. Usually, I would feature a video and a workout program, but today I just wanted to talk about the benefits of a little extra-cise! Even if you aren't doing a program, you can do SOMETHING! Wear a step counter and you might find that you move a lot more than you realize (or, maybe LESS than you thought in which case, STEP IT UP!).

There are lots of ways to get some extra-cise!! It's pretty simple! Even just fidgeting a little bit while you work at your desk job can burn a few extra calories! Keep yourself moving as much as possible to maximize your calorie burning potential! Park your car further away from a store, take the stairs, dance/sing while you cook dinner (I totally do this lol) etc. Find ways of challenging yourself and you'll find that you're steadily building endurance! Make it a game and make it FUN!! See what all you can do to add more movement to your day!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! For those of you that are local, enjoy your time walking around the fair (and I hope to see you around!). Keep walking; especially if you're eating a lot of that fair food (I'm eating chocolate covered fruit aka a "zum stick" in that picture)! ;) Be infused! God bless you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment