Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Running to His Arms

Yesterday, my laptop was having connection problems. For some reason, it just wasn't working (and still isn't working much today either). I don't know why! Anyways, it prevented me from composing and posting a blog yesterday (and it drove me crazy!).

Since I started this blog, I have stayed consistent with posting every day; and according to the particular pre-determined topic/category of the day. Yesterday was supposed to be "spiritual Sunday" and today is "media Monday". So, since I missed yesterday, I was trying to figure out what to do. Should I post a late blog PLUS today's blog, or combine the two? I've opted to combine the two because the media for today is a video/song that we sang at church yesterday that I wanted to share; and the content for what would have been yesterday's blog fits with it as well.

Yesterday, I was feeling rather down. I won't go into the particulars but I was rather drained (emotionally and physically). When you feel that bad, you just want to be held and comforted. Sometimes, there's someone there to offer it to you and sometimes there isn't. However, God IS always there to offer comfort and that is where this song comes in. When we sang it at church, the part that I just kept hanging on was "I'm running to your arms." I became really focused on that lyric. So many times, we treat God as the last resort. We run to other people and things when we should be running straight into His arms. He's sovereign and He is God. He should be first and number one. He's shouldn't be our last resort, but our first response!

I was thinking so much about the core idea of the sermon which was the fact that nothing and no one is ever "enough", but GOD is. People will fail. God will not. Like another song goes, "All of you, is more than enough for all of me...." It's true. He is MORE than enough. He is BEYOND sufficient. What no one else can satisfy, God can! We have to come to Him; running into His arms. He will supply us with everything we need! The timing for that reminder couldn't have been more perfect for me than it is right now!! Nothing and NO ONE compares to Him! I have to remember that!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I hope we can all remember to run to the arms of Jesus for everything. May we rest in His peace, delight in Him, and allow Him to be our comforter, healer, and so much more! Be infused! God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment