Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Little by Little

We've all done it. Done too much when we should have just started small. We have big ideas and huge goals and we forget to break them down into smaller and more attainable ones. We take on too much and then wonder why we get overwhelmed and fail.

As someone who tends to be "all or nothing", I am very guilty of this. I have bitten off more than I could chew on many occasions. Even when it comes to fitness and nutrition, I have been guilty of trying to "fix" it all at once and then ended up frustrated and gave up.

I think we all have done this before. We want to be healthy. We want to exercise and eat better, but we try to do it ALL instead of just focusing on small changes and working our way up. If you've eaten poorly for a long time, and haven't exercised for who knows how long, it's a little unrealistic to think that you are going to eat perfectly and run a marathon within a week.

Take things easy on yourself!! Star with small goals like "I'm only going to have one soda a day" or "I'm going to switch to diet soda" instead of trying to quit cold turkey (especially if you drink a LOT of soda). Eventually, you can work your way up to the bigger goal of not drinking it all. Just cut it down each day, then each week, until you eliminate it. Also, ADD in "I will drink 'x' amount of water each day." It's not enough to ditch the bad stuff. You have to REPLACE the bad habits with NEW ones or you will fall back into your old ways.

The same thing goes with exercise. Work your way up or you'll get frustrated if you try to do too much. Start out with a goal of 10 minutes a day or a certain amount of minutes per week. Begin with something doable and not too strenuous and work your way up to higher difficulty levels. Remember, safety first! If you need help choosing an exercise routine, I'm here to help you with that! Whatever your needs and goals are, I'm here to support you!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Little by little, you'll get there! Keep making the small and positive changes that will get you BIG results!! Be infused!! God bless you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment