Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Working Towards Completion

It's been a week since I've become an official home owner. I still don't think that it's sunk in yet! As my parents and I paint the interior rooms, it feels more and more like mine the more that it transforms. It's kind of like when you're downloading something on a computer and you watch that little bar fill up from a small percentage all the way to 100%. When it's below 50%, you're impatient and a little irritable as you wait. Then, the higher it climbs to completion, the more excited and relieved you are that you have finally gotten to the end!!



Not only do I feel this way about my house, but about this weight-loss journey as well. As I strive to improve my nutrition, fitness, and overall wellness, I feel just like that percentage bar. I am working and waiting. I'm impatient and frustrated about it a lot of times, but I'm progressing! Maybe it's slow, but I will eventually reach completion!! Oh, how AMAZING that will be to reach the end goal! I'm going to keep going no matter what! I MUST finish!

If there's one tip I can give you about all of this, it's that while you do have to remember the big picture, try not to let it get in the way of the "now". It's so easy to get frustrated about how far you have to go that you miss seeing how far you've come or how much you are accomplishing in the moment. This is something that I have to remind myself of a LOT or I'll get frustrated and want to give up. Therefore, I make it a point of reminding myself of what I have accomplished. I think about it and let my thoughts dwell on those accomplishments when I'm feeling overwhelmed so that I have the boost I need to keep going. Trust me, it really does help!!


Grace and peace to you, my friends! Remember, He who began a good work in you will see it to completion (Philippians 1:6). Be patient with yourself and keep persevering! He is with you! You can do ALL THINGS through Him who INFUSES you with His strength (Philippians 4:13). Embrace it! BE infused!! God bless you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment