Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Giving Each Other a Push!

In a sermon I heard a while back, Pastor Larry Sprinkle happened to mention Jean Nidetch (who is the founder of Weight Watchers). He was talking about something she said in regards to being there to give others a little "push" to succeed. When looking online for the story, I found it here. She says that the reason she is able to help so many people is because it's like pushing a kid on a swing. When you give them a little nudge, that little boost helps them to carry on for themselves.

I couldn't agree more! When you have people to support you in your journey, you are way more likely to succeed! In fact, it is the final key that Dr. Phil mentions in his book: The Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom. He emphasizes the fact that having a positive circle of support is absolutely essential. EVERYONE needs cheerleaders! They lift you up, inspire you, and motivate you to keep on going! Even I need people to support me too (and I'm a coach)! I have fellow coaches, teammates, as well as all of YOU to inspire me to keep going on in my own journey! I couldn't be more grateful! We all help each other succeed!

Dr. Phil also warns us to beware of those who are unintentionally (or maybe even purposely) trying to sabotage you. Stay away from those that are trying to bring you down, bully you, or fill you with discouraging or negative messages. Don't allow people to distract or dissuade you from your goals! Check out Dr. Phil's list of "do's" and "don't" of support as well as his social support audit for more!

Grace and peace to you, my friends!! Remember that I'm here to support you on your journey! That's why I'm a coach and that's why I continue to blog....for YOU! Also, get plugged in with other like-minded people who are on this same journey! Interact with the rest of Infusion 413 on Facebook and feel free to post on the message boards and add buddies on the Team Beachbody website! Let's continue to push each other to reach greater heights! Be infused! God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment