Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Never-ending Thanksgiving

Today is December 1st. Shopping season has officially kicked off with Black Friday and all its deals. People are putting up their Christmas trees and soon, another year will officially wrap up. I don't know about you, but my own heart echoed my pastor's statement this morning when he talked about not wanting Thanksgiving to end yet! I'm not talking about having a never ending turkey feast or anything. I'm talking about the whole essence of Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I feel like it puts a lot of things in perspective and generally helps people to remember to have an attitude of gratitude. It's a shame that that spirit doesn't always continue year round. People are far too selfish and negative these days.

I was so blessed by the message at church today. Our pastor always has such a great heart behind every sermon. He encouraged us to be thankful for everything and for one another. And, like the message in the video that they showed, to remember that no matter how "messy" life gets, God is good! Watch this video! It's very touching (and quite hilarious as well lol).

My life has really been "messy" in these past three years. Those of you closest to me know what I'm talking about. Now, I feel like God has truly been putting things back in order. Sometimes, we are the most thankful after overcoming the most pain. I look back on all that I've been through and I just marvel at where I am now. I am in awe of it all and what God has, is, and will continue to do in my life. It increases my thankfulness to Him more and more all the time! I just can't get over it! He's done so much for me and is teaching me so many things! Thank you, Jesus! Thank you!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I hope you have had a great week! Carry that spirit of thankfulness with you each and every day! Express it to God for all He has done for you! Make it your first item of business in your prayers; thank Him for all He has done/given before you ask for more! Let Thanksgiving be never-ending in your life! Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment