Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

All About His Business

The first piece that I did; an old end table
that Casey used for his toys.
"Your passion is giving new life to old things." This was the heart stopping sentence that brought me to tears and made me feel as if my purpose in life was put into the perfect words. This phrase was uttered by the lips of my soulmate (yes, my soulmate....we have finally found each other! More on that another time lol). We had been talking about a variety of different topics and I was sharing about how I had discovered just how much I love redoing old furniture. So, when he uttered that simple and profound sentence, I burst into tears because it hit me at the core of who I am. My heart completely melted. I was like, "Ohmiogsh! Yes! That's me! That is what I love; life, restoration, and newness!" Is it any wonder that I do? After all, isn't that what Jesus is all about? And since that's what He is all about, isn't that what WE should be about? Jesus was all about his "father's business" (Luke 2:49). If we are in Him, we are about the Father's business too; no matter what our "business" in life is. We find a way to make it about Him.

I have a lot of "business" in my life. This very blog is a big part of my Team Beachbody business. Though, more than anything, this business is ultimately about God's business. It's precisely why I have given this business back to Him and have sought to glorify God by giving Him the credit as I help others. I'm here to help; that's always been my goal! Not only do I want to help someone get into good physical shape (taking care of the bodies that God has given us) but into good spiritual shape too! It truly is my passion to help people; to help them transform into a better version of themselves. I've always been one to build up, encourage, and help fix things (broken hearts in particular). Helping someone discover the purpose and potential in themselves that God created in them is an extremely rewarding thing!!

The old end table; made "new"! :) 
How about you? How have you made the "father's business" YOUR business? In what way are you serving others? Whatever you do for someone in His name, it is done unto the Lord (John 14:13-14). Jesus is all about restoration; making the old new again. In Him, we are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17-21). We need to exude that newness of life so that others will be drawn to it and want it as well.

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I encourage you to be about HIS business by making all of "your" business centered around Him! Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment