Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Why I'm Finally Losing More Weight

Drenched by rain and sweat
due to a refreshing Greenway run!
I mentioned a while back that I would be mixing up my workouts for a while. So far, so good! It's nice to have a break from a set schedule and just do whatever workout fits my mood for the day! One of the things I have been doing is walking and running outside; I even visited the Greenway (I used to blog about my special runs there, so I managed to post another entry!). Of course, I've also been doing a mix of my favorite Beachbody workouts too! My plan has been to get a MINIMUM of 45 minutes a day Monday - Friday, rest on Saturday, and do a stretch workout on Sunday (and drinking Shakeology every day too!). Thus far, it seems to be panning out quite nicely; and the scale has been moving down again!! I'm super happy about that! I'm looking and feeling better all the time!

It almost seems like VARIETY is sort of a weight-loss secret! We all know that once your body gets used to the SAME workouts, you plateau. You then have to up your intensity, change your workouts, or both. Because I'm varying things up pretty much EVERY DAY, I'm keeping my body guessing and the number on the scale falling!

I've also noticed that my heart rate monitor says that my percentage of fat burned is higher when my intensity is lower. I'm no expert as to why that is, but I've noticed over the years that working so hard that your heart is pounding doesn't always mean that you're burning the most fat. So, maybe the moderate range of exertion on some of these workout days (in addition to the high-intensity days) is what is making a difference for me! Music to my ears because I don't always want to work to the point of exhaustion lol.

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I hope everyone is enjoying the nicer weather and getting a chance to walk and run outside as well! Keep mixing it up! Stay in the air conditioning on the hotter days and do a favorite Beachbody workout; like Turbo Fire or P90X3 (the sale prices expire at the end of the month!). Or, maybe you're eagerly waiting to add Piyo to your workout routine (I know I am!). Don't forget to sign up to be the first to know so you can purchase it quickly before it sells out! Keep your routines fresh and your results will keep coming! Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment