Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

"Aren't You Glad You're Not the Lord of Your Life?"

As always, it's been a blessed, eventful, and life/heart changing week! I wouldn't know where to begin in sharing it all. However, if I had to pick one thing out of everything in this past week to share, it would probably have to be something that was spoken in the church service today: "Aren't you glad you aren't the Lord of your life?" Think about it. If Jesus is LORD and Savior, that means that He not only saved your life, but you have allowed Him to be in charge of it. Recognizing his power, authority, and sovereignty brings freedom from worry. You don't have to be in charge/control; He's "got this" for you! 

Usually, I would never feel great about NOT being in control. I am a take-charge and control type of person, so I wouldn't normally be like, "Yes,...I'm TOTALLY glad I'm not the Lord of my life". However, if there's one thing I've been relieved to know more and more, it's that God has got me covered and that things are a lot better when He's the boss and not me. It's a burden off my shoulders not to try and hold all that control and manage life on my own. I worry less and less as I get older because history has shown that yes, God definitely does take care of things. When He says not to worry about tomorrow, and that I'm worth more than many sparrows, He means it. He has come through in the big stuff AND the small stuff. 
Surrender isn't a popular or fun idea to most. It can sometimes be misconstrued as passive or weak. However, it takes strength, courage, and ACTION to be able to willingly acknowledge the awesomeness of God and trust Him. He is faithful and will show you how great it is to be dependent on Him and not yourself. There is great relief in knowing that He is God and you're not. 

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I hope you had a great week and that as you reflect on the wonder and glory of God on this blessed resurrection day, you'll embrace Him as Lord as much as you do the Savior! Be infused! God bless you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment