Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Simplicity and Necessity of Rest.

If it's one thing that has been on my mind this weekend, it's the fact that sometimes we just need to REST! Our lives are so busy and we do SO MUCH that we forget to just stop and "be" for a little while. I have been on the go so much this weekend that I felt rushed and crunched for time in regards to posting my blogs on here. I felt bad for not sitting down to take as much time to work as I usually do, but then I also reminded myself that it's ok. Life pulls me in all different directions and it's not always possible to get everything done how I want. Sometimes, I just have to give myself permission to not work so hard and cut myself some slack so that I can invest my time in other people, things, and in resting in it all.

With all that being said, I'm going to leave this post at that. Just ponder the simplicity and necessity of rest and of taking the time to purposely slow down and refocus. Take a break from the demands of life; even if just for a few minutes. Think on this verse and let it sink in:


He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. - Psalms 46:10

Grace and peace to you, my friends! On this Sunday, this day of rest, remember that God created a time for rest on purpose. Not only are you rejuvenated and better able to resume your busy lives after you've recharged, but you open yourself up to hearing from God when you rest in the quiet and stillness of just "being". You'll hear His voice and know Him better! Watch the video below and listen to the song by Sonicflood in which the lyrics talk about that very thing! Be infused! God bless you!




No comments:

Post a Comment