Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

No More "Sunday Blues"

The "Sunday Blues". That's what I used to call them. On most Sundays, for at least the past three years, I would usually end up feeling a little down. It was a combination of a lot of things; the past week, anticipating the week to come, and my life in general. More often than not, there had been a lot of busyness and lots of various issues to deal with. Most of the time, I felt like things happened so fast that I didn't have time to think about it until Sunday night when the week was over and I had a new week to wonder about. I can't even begin to tell you about the many times I would just sit and cry due to all the emotions that had built up over the week. I would just sit, think, pray, and feel sad, lonely, and overwhelmed; wishing that my life would change for the better.

However, the Sunday blues happen less and less often. There are a lot of reasons for that. Yes, I'm still busy and have a lot to deal with each week, but my attitude about it has changed. I am more focused, faith & purpose driven, and content. Why? Because I choose to be. It's all about choices! I've discovered over the years just how empowering it truly is to have the freedom and ability to choose to change your heart and mind for the better. Besides, I just don't have the time and energy to waste on the blues. Either I'm doing something productive, or I'm asleep. I don't have time for anything else lol.

I am amazed at my life's journey. Whether things have been good or bad, I've learned from it all and feel that I'm moving in the right direction. I'm finally seeing the changes I have always hoped for because I've done more than just "hope". I've taken action to make my hope a reality. Nothing occurs by just passively standing by. You have to actively pursue what results you're aiming to achieve! There's a lot of patience involved in the process, but it's worth it!

I'm enjoying being present and content in each moment. It's like what I wrote about a few years ago when I was initially in transition: I'm "living the dream"! If you don't remember that blog, you've got to read it! As I read over it myself, I see where I was three years ago compared to now. I see that my faith really has begun to rebuild and that I have overcome so many "bad dreams" on my way to these new dreams that are coming true in my life! Everything that I blogged about then has turned out to be true. I had to endure a lot of nightmares and things were really rough for a while. Now, that time has passed and the "good dreams" are on the horizon! I am a lot stronger, wiser, and more developed in my faith and character than I used to be. Through going through everything I have, I am now equipped to deal with (and receive) the new blessings to come! Praise God for His perfect timing and vision for my life! It was awful to wait and persevere through three tough years, but it was obviously necessary!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Here's to hoping that you too can overcome any "blues" that come your way! Solomon said that there's a time for everything. If your time is a rough time right now, know that it won't be forever. That time (however long or short) will be over and you will have good times again. Maybe you feel like I did and that things will always be bad or be slow in  changing. Though, when that time finally ends, you will look back on it all and see the purpose in the grand scheme of things. That's what I'm seeing right now and I'm amazed! Live whatever dream you're in right at the moment and pray for God's strength to infuse you, help you be content, and persevere through whatever circumstance you're in. Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment