Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Strength & Rest

It's always stunning when you read or hear something that precisely fits with what is going on in your life right at the moment. Last week, I was reading in Brian Welch's devotional book: Stronger: Forty Days of Metal and Spirituality. I was reading day 22 and amazingly, he happened to mention Philippians 4:13! :) Here is some of what he said:

"The key to our new lives with Christ is learning. Learning to trust God always. Instead of getting scared when our negative circumstances wrap themselves around our lives, we can learn from everything that comes our way....If you're going through negative things in life right now, arise and shine with the light of understanding that God is stronger than your circumstances. One of the best lessons that I've learned is to rest in love with Jesus, because He will miraculously turn everything around for you when it's time."
I couldn't agree more! Over the past three years in particular, a lot of things have happened in my life that I couldn't wrap my brain around. So many people encouraged me to just trust in the Lord and that things would "get better" and that all things work out for good (Romans 8:28). As much as I knew that, it was hard to let it sink in. I believed it, but my faith was so weak. No matter what I knew or learned, I still couldn't "rest". In fact, learning to relax and rest in His love has always been a hard thing for me. Maybe it is for a lot of people because I know we all worry, attempt to fix and control things, and don't know how to let go and surrender.

Admittedly, I still don't have the "rest" thing figured out, but I'm continuing to learn how to let go more and more. I find that as I put forth more effort to pray and bring everything to God, I am finding more peace and rest no matter what is going on or what I've been through.

God can and will turn things around for you! It may not look or feel that way (and we are often impatient in waiting) but when things finally unfold and reveal themselves, you'll say "Oh, wow! I get it! Look what God has done!" That is exactly what I'm saying right now as I watch so many amazing things happen in my life that I could have never predicted! I am humbled, awed, thankful, and blessed!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Continue to allow God to infuse you with His strength and learn to not only be empowered by it, but to rest in it as well! Be infused! God bless you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment