Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Workout Warnings

For the past week, I've been doing a little of this and a little of that. I'm not doing any set schedule program at the moment, so I've been doing whatever Beachbody program I've felt like doing! :) Additionally, I've also gone for a run outside (today was cool and a little rainy - felt nice!). I'm still burning up the calories and feeling good!

Last week, I was feeling a little rough after doing a Turbo Fire workout. Let's just say that I ignored my own advice of modification. I KNOW that my back and hips are in the kind of condition that do not support a lot of jumping and shock to my spine. Yet, I got a little too "fired" up and I was really feelin' it the next day! Not good! Doing that can really injure one's self! So, here is a friendly reminder that no matter what workout program you're doing, pay attention to your body and don't take workout warnings lightly. There is NO SHAME in modifying. In fact, sometimes you MUST in order to ensure that you don't hurt yourself and then prevent yourself from being able to workout at all! Sitting on the couch icing your back and putting yourself out of commission is never fun! It's not worth it!

I LOVE being able to workout and challenge myself! It's what keeps me going! However, I also know not to overextend my limits. I can't compromise my physical safety. Modifications get results too; they do! You aren't a wimp if you don't do it "exactly" the way everyone else does on the video. You are NOT "everyone else". Know yourself and do your best. If your best means that you have to take it down a notch, that is OK! It really is!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Remember, always pay attention to those workout warnings; whether they are literal ones before the DVD starts or the signals that your body gives you. Priority number one is always SAFETY! Be careful when you do Turbo Fire (or any other program - especially the high impact ones). Yes, it is STILL on sale until the end of this month so don't wait to buy your challenge pack! Click on the video below to preview what it's all about. You'll love it! Be infused! God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment