Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

The Cross Worked!!!

Last week sure was a crazy week! I have been BEYOND busy, tired, and overwhelmed! Having a garage sale is a lot of work (even more so when you have other things going on at the same time; but I won't get into that right now). It was so windy, and there didn't seem to be as many people, but Chris and I still made a nice amount! :)

Church was really great yesterday! I am enjoying this series so much because I used to have a really big problem with legalism and understanding grace. I had some big breakthroughs in 2007, but then I started having a hard time again after my divorce. I'm re-learning again that (as always) it's all about Him and not about me. It's about His sacrifice on the cross. Nothing I do can add or take away from it. His blood is sufficient for me; always. I can't make Him love me more or less. Neither good deeds nor my horrible mistakes will change anything.

The second part of "The Perfect Execution" series has just been uploaded. It is SO WORTH WATCHING! Be sure to check out part one as well! If you have ever struggled with wondering if you're good enough, if you're going to "make it" to heaven, if you have done too much wrong and not enough right, you need to watch this!! The bottom line is: "The cross WORKED!" It did! It worked and it continues to work; forever! As the old hymn goes, "my sin, not in part, but the whole...is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!" ALL of our sins (yours, mine, EVERYONE'S) was dealt with. Not just some, or in part, ALL OF IT!!! We are forgiven. We are made holy and perfect. THE CROSS WORKED!!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! These sermons are such a blessing; trust me! You will be so glad you watched them; especially if you are like me and sometimes beat yourself up over stuff and don't "feel" forgiven. Take heart and remember that no matter what you "feel", truth is truth...and the truth is, THE CROSS WORKED!! Be infused! God bless you!



The Perfect Execution: Part 2 - Friends with God from Vineyard Community Church on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment