Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Focusing on Good Things

I am having one of those moments where I'm so upset that I have nearly made myself sick. Let's just say it has something to do with the subject matter of this past blog entry

I really shouldn't be this upset. Once you realize how a person is, you should be glad to dismiss them. It's a good thing to let go of the people and things that aren't good for you anyways. That's what I have to keep telling myself and just move forward

God bless my best friend, Sarah, who is always there to remind me that no matter what someone has said or done to me, she still thinks the best of me and she lifts me up again! She always encourages me and gives me renewed hope! It's just like what I heard in church today about remembering to meditate on the truth and not dwell on any negative messages or doubts. If we fuel ourselves with truth instead of worry and lies, we will behave and live in a way that clings to the promises of God! 

One promise that comes to my mind is this; that Jesus said we will have trouble in this world but not to worry because he has already overcome it (John 16:33). Because of Him, we are overcomers too! No matter who has hurt us, or what hardships have arisen in our lives, God is greater than all of it! He will infuse us with his strength (Philippians 4:13)!

Yeah, we're totally going to be
 enjoying some Starbucks again lol!!
I may be disappointed in the people that fail me, but I forgive them (just as I fail and seek forgiveness as well). It just reminds me and brings me back to the fact that God is my refuge and is forever loving and unfailing (Psalm 36:7). Maybe He allows me to witness bad behavior in people just so I can depend more on Him and know that He is God. That's about the only thing I can figure lol! But, maybe that's all I need. That and to remember that even though there are a multitude of shady people out there, there ARE a few good ones that God has blessed me with that I am SO GRATEFUL FOR! As I've mentioned earlier (and in blog entries like this one) I have the greatest best friend ever! I am so incredibly thankful that God crossed our paths so we could laugh and cry together; supporting each other through the good and bad times and building each other up in faith. For these reasons, I am all the more looking forward to celebrating her birthday with her on Tuesday. My bestie's main request....Starbucks lol. Yeah, it's the simple things! We're going to have a terrific day celebrating the fact that God created her with a purpose and that the earth is blessed (and so is my life) because she's in it! We will do this with lots of laughs, girl talk, and coffee lol! Cherished memories! :) 

Grace and peace to you, my friends! If you're frustrated and hurting due to something or someone in your life, take heart and remember God's good promises and focus on good things! He will provide for you. Even in the tough stuff, He has things to show you so that you can learn and be all the wiser for it! It all works out! Be infused! God bless you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment