Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

The "S" Word

I'm sure the last thing anyone wants to hear about, read about, or talk about is all the snow. Yes, we know. It's SNOWING! The weather emergencies are out, school is closed already, and the shoveling doesn't end (that's all my boyfriend has been doing at his place all day...poor baby!). Even our Walmart is closed! Yeah, you know it's bad when the Evil Empire shuts down lol.

As for me, I was able to get to church today before it started getting bad outside. I was glad that I did (as always). Of course, the snow got a few mentions here and there. Personally, I really don't give it much thought, but one of our elders made a mention of it that I thought was worth sharing. He spoke of someone he knew that hadn't seen snow before and how he marveled at just how white and pure it is and what the Bible really means about making our sins white as snow. How often do we think about that? Our sins; so dirty and filthy. Then, the beautiful blood of Jesus makes us PURE and WHITE as the snow! You got to admit, even with all the perils that come with the snow, there ARE moments where you just look at it and admire it for a while. Snow IS beautiful, sparkling, and so very white! Who doesn't love to admire a thick flawless blanket of it when it's untainted, glistening, and absolutely pure?! Now, think about that being you; yes, YOU! THAT is what Jesus' blood does to you. He makes you that beautiful, pure, fresh, and new! Think about it! And, if you'd like, check out this post I wrote a few years ago about how He is "snow wonderful". ;)

I know we've all seen (and have been posting) snow pictures all over the place. I took a few too. Gianna was so very eager to go out and play in it. The look of anticipation and delight on her face wasn't something I could say "no" to. Sure, the snow is so cold and wet, but there's that little nudging inside of you that just has to be a part of something so pure and beautiful that it just beckons you to it! That's how I always felt as a kid; couldn't wait to dive into it and be a part of it all! I think we all need to get in touch with that inner child. There really is something to that.

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I hope you're all safe and warm! Stay inside! It's beautiful, but dangerous out there! "Snow" doesn't have to be the dreaded "s" word lol. There are things about it that can be appreciated! Focus on that! Be infused! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment