Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Why You Don't Have to Be a Loner

Chris & I before doing our 1st workout!
Anyone that truly knows me knows that I am a people person. I tend to be social and extroverted more often than not. When it comes to working out, however, I tend to be a loner. It's strange, but for the most part I have always enjoyed working out by myself. I feel like I can focus and perform better when I'm alone. It doesn't work for everyone, but I'm the type that stays pretty driven once I set my mind to something.

I often try to remind myself to take my own advice when it comes to having support or workout buddies. It definitely has its advantages because I do tend to push myself even more when there are other people around (the competitive side of me, I suppose lol). Yet, I'll admit to having mixed feelings when Chris surprised me with the declaration that he wanted to workout with me. What if I got too distracted? What if we got in each others' way? Would this work and would he be in in for the long haul with me?

Performance Sampler Pack
I'm proud to report that thus far, things have been going very well! We are currently on our third day of the Piyo program. It fits easily into our busy schedule (most of the workouts are only 20-30 minutes). It's very doable and we are already feeling some degree of soreness; which confirms the changes that are happening in our bodies. We've even sampled the new performance supplements together (which have great taste as well as benefits).

With each workout we complete, I become more and more grateful that he's by my side. It has boosted my motivation to workout even more and progressing together has been an encouragement to me. It makes me look forward to seeing how much easier the workouts will become as we get stronger and more flexible. I can't wait to see our end results!

Of all the verses that could possibly come to mind, it was this one that came to the forefront as I was composing this:

The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." - Genesis 2:18 

A hot husband is definitely distracting! ;)
I feel as if Chris is as much a help to me as I hope I am for him. I can't IMAGINE doing this without him now! God has always known that fellowship and companionship is essential; that it's not good to be alone. I'm glad that He gave us to each other because we're better TOGETHER! Having my husband by my side is such a blessing and a gift! It's a very real demonstration of love and commitment; not just to fitness, but to me/us. It says to me: "You matter. I matter. We matter. Let's be the best we can be...together!" We will not quit! In everything that we do, we will do it well and give it our all for the glory of God! Love always perseveres!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! I hope that if you're reading this, you will realize how important it is not to be a loner. EVERYONE (even the most introverted of people) need some degree of support! My stats on here and on Facebook show me that there ARE people reading and paying attention, but for some reason I barely hear a peep out of anyone (my new Instagram is off to a promising start, though, so feel free to follow me there as well!). As always, I want to encourage and remind you that you are NOT alone! I'm here, and I promise you there is a whole team here, but maybe everyone is waiting on someone else to share first. I've always hoped that this blog (and Facebook group) could be the kind of place where people could speak, share, and find encouragement. I remember the good old days of myspace blogging where there was lots of comment interaction and fellowship on blog posts; like a big chat party! I love blogging communities like that! Do you? If so, let's get this chat party started! Don't be shy! Comment below! Be infused! God bless you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment